Sunday, August 31, 2008

movie night :o) ...

yesterday "the girls" (Alex, Alissa, & Susan) came over for dinner & movie night (complete with popcorn & peanut m&ms, yum!).
Alex was the only one who got to see the end of the movie - Alissa & Susan had to be home by dark, Alex had till 8:30! It's a wild crowd hanging out over here! :o) We watched "What Happens in Vegas", it was cute - I wish everyone had gotten to see the ending.
After they left we started watching the other movie I picked up (I'm really splurging this weekend-it's a holiday weekend) - Jodie Foster's "The Brave One" ( love me some Jodie Foster) .
We never got to see the end last night. The outside dogs started barking like someone was here, sure enough when we looked out Jeff was coming down the drive in the ice cream truck (yep, my best bud is the ice cream man :o) ) , Zach & Sierra were with him! It was so nice to see all "my peeps" in one night that hasn't happened in a long time.
While they were here I got the urge to pull out some home movies... hehe, one in particular...
June 2000 Zach was spending the night, they boys were 9 & they put on a musical show for us! The boys immediately bolted for upstairs and the rest of us laughed till it hurt, at the same time I was fighting tears( I wanted more than I can describe to turn the clock back, back to when they were small like that again & life was much simpler & easier ).
But it was good. I for the life of me can't imagine how we didn't laugh at them when they were "performing" but we managed to keep straight faces at the time. I wish you could see it, maybe if I ever figure out how to upload a video to this thing.
We had synchronized head banging, butt slapping-horse riding dancing & Devan even did a stripper cat crawl across the floor up to the camera. Oh yeah he did, then he kissed the camera! OMG! It was too funny, if you ever need a good laugh stop by & I'll pop it in for you, hehe.
After that we watched the video from Dev's 12th birthday. We had a sleepover, 6 -12 year old boys & we turned them loose with the video camera ( can you imagine?) Devan told Zach "oh this one's ok we can watch it, about 10 minutes into it they bolted again. :o)
I would have never played those in front of the girls here earlier, but this was different. Zach & Sierra will soon be together 3 years, she can handle it & after that amount of time she's entitled to see it. :o)
I can't tell you how much fun that was! :o) (I still want to turn back time though)
We finally finished watching "The Brave One" this morning & it doesn't dissapoint if you want some tough Jodie kick some butt movie :o), she does that sooo well!

No comments: