Friday, August 15, 2008

sights we see when we go out for a walk...

So I thought I would share some of the "country life" with you.
Here are a few pics from last night's walk, this isn't the route to Cujo/McGraw, this is what you see if you take a left at the intersection before "Cujo's" house, this is the way to "Fernando" (my favorite baby bull) . Only thing is they seemed to have moved him to another field, :o(. I was really looking foward to petting & talking to him.


Here's Dev riding a little ahead of us, he's been joining us this week. It still makes me smile to see him ride a bike (it took us sooo long to get him there).



This cool looking piece of old farm equipment is just "parked" randomly under a tree next to a field. I think it's really cool.



Well the cows weren't there but there was a couple of sheep. I don't think they liked me approaching the fence. I literally scared the p.. out of one of them, well you get the picture. The one on the left seems to be whispering to the one on the right. He's probably saying "what is that?? do you think it's dangerous??" They are cute, even if one of them "stomped" at me, lol.



Yep, I have hay bale envy! I want one of these bad, lol. I have tried many times to convince Jim that he could just "roll one down the highway". Some of my favorite pics that I have shot of the kids has been sitting in front of a hay bale, I want one of my own to put on the back of the property.



See this house??? Well we used to see people outside, coming & going, you get the picture. Well ALL activity at this house seemed to stop this year! Look at the house, it seems that no one is tending to it either. The lawn does mysteriously get mowed, but other than that nothing changes. No signs of people, blinds & curtains never raise. I have been telling Jim all the time we've been walking, each time we pass this house "there's dead bodies in there". I know, I know - but really it's that creepy how deserted this place is now.



And finally home again. This is the view of our pond when you're coming back down the drive way. I never really get tired of seeing it. :o)

No comments: