Thursday, August 14, 2008

deceptive?...who me???

well... umm I don't know what you're talking about. Oh ok, yea I've been at it again & this is what I've figured out.
First of all my sweet neice WON'T eat it if she knows there's something extra in it, so this means don't tell Devan cause he just can't keep it to himself.
Second I'll follow her suggestions about what to add to what kind of dish. Like her lasagne recipe has cauliflower in the ricotta mixture & sweet potatoe in the red sauce. So I took this idea and used it in my manicotti & it was delicious! No one could tell!
Third all recipes in that book are NOT created equally! I tried her mac-n-cheese recipe yesterday, let's just say.... it left a LOT to be desired. :o( I'm not saying that maybe I didn't get something wrong but I usually follow a recipe pretty well). When I finished the "cheese sauce" it had the consistency of... well umm silly putty! You know the stuff you used to get when you were a kid, comes in an egg- very rubbery and bouncy- able to lift print off a newspaper (hmmm I should have tried that). Or maybe slime, remember that one? It was one huge rubbery glob and it had a bit of a strange flavor.
So what have I learned? I think I'll stick to my recipes and just add her suggestions, that seems to work. :o)
Before I go I thought I would share a few of the pics I took when we went walking last night.



This beauty was in one of my neighbors front yard. We have a photo club meeting next week and our assignment for this month's meeting was "flowers" so I just couldn't resist this one. I'm sure the neighbors don't know what to think about me crouching around with my camera, lol. It's not like were social, they probably don't even know that I'm their neighbor!



We met this sweet guy at the beginning of our walk last night. His name is Rickett & he's very sweet. Do you see that toungue??? Well let me tell you, it is EVERY bit as LONG as it looks & it is JUST as WET!!! I can tell you this because in one quick lick I was wet from my hand to my elbow, lol. Seriously! :o)

No comments: