Thursday, August 21, 2008

our little songbird...???

For as long back as I can remember Devan has wanted to be a singer.
But in the past he has tended to take after me, Jim can sing - I can't!
We tried voice lessons when he was younger & few years back he did do the musical with the band/choir at school. He loved being in the musical! He was not a Lead, mainly a background so kind of do-able.
Last year when I pulled up to pick him up from school the choir director was talking to him.
Curious if something was wrong I asked "what did Mr. Patterson have to say?" when he got in the car.
He replied "he was asking me why I never joined choir", ???
And then I asked (sorry I know it sounds cruel, but I don't want him hurt)
"did you tell him you can't sing?" & he said "yeah I did & he said I should sign up" !?!
(Okay, he's worked with him before if that's what he wants then okay)
Devan has been really excited about this, it would mean that he would have a class with Alex. All seniors are in advanced choir & that is the class Alex is in.
You know what???
He really does seem to have gotten better over the last year?!?
Can you train yourself to have "an ear"?
He seems to be working really hard & trying so maybe this will work out for him & be a good experience.
He did say when he got home from school one day that Mr. Patterson had told him that he had a nice voice. :o)
They had their first performance last Friday at the football Jamboree. Being the good parents we are we trudged out in the rain, paid our entrance fees, waited for the choir to sing the nation anthem, packed up our cameras & left! LOL!
Sorry I hate jamboree in the first place let alone in the rain.

Here's a little pic for your enjoyment. :o) See our guy- he's on the very end of the right (green striped shirt)! Mr. Patterson seems to be looking at him in this pic (hmmm... wonder why?) Alex & Alissa are on the front row the are the first two girls if you work your way down from Dev towards the center (the ones without the umbrella!). I have to tell you that when they began to sing it was absolutely beautiful!:o) I almost started crying, do you know how hard it is to get a good shot when you are crying??? lol. I hope his only year in choir ends up being a good experience for him. :o)

No comments: