Tuesday, August 19, 2008

shhhhh ... can you keep a secret ???

So last week my sweet little one came out of school excited & wanting two things.
First -the baseball coach's "field cat" had kittens and "he's willing to unlock the field house & let us have one", so that was a very quick "NO". We already have a cat & she's more than enough to take care of, there will be NO more cats in this house until she's gone.
Then he says "well Miss Chris finally told us the real reason why were are not having a spring play this year, it's because she's going to London over spring break & it only cost $2,313" :o).
OMG! I about fell out in the floor of my car! ONLY $2,313!!!!
After the shock wore off & I was able to breath again I started trying to make a plan to make this happen. This is a once in a lifetime oppertunity, Chris is an excelent teacher & the "coolest" one you could ever have. :o) (Chris & I actually go Way back, back Before there was even a Devan- I used to work for her first husband. I love Chris very much & I would love for him to experience something like this with her)
We have never let him go on any of the Big trips with the schools over the years. He didn't go to Washington when he was at the intermediate school & he didn't go to Europe with the band when he was in band. This is his sr. year & we want this for him very much, so somehow I Will find a way to make it happen. Right now I'm thinking another job (I know this doesn't usually work out too well for me but I'm going to stay positive).
Last night Chris had a meeting for the parents of the kids who want to go, during the meeting she leaned over & whispered I want to talk to you. It took for Ever to get everyone out of there (cause she's cool you know & all the other parents want to tell her their problems). When everyone else was gone she told us that with a min. of 6 students she goes for free, if she were to have 12 students she could take another adult for free...
wait for it...can you guess???...
She wants to take... ME!!!!! OMG! I probably wasn't too cool at that moment, lol. Right now we probably have a solid 7 maybe 8 going. Not enough for me to go, so I'm hoping & praying that other parents see what an oppertunity this is for their child and come sign them up!!! :o)
I have to admit as much as I don't want to get excited that there is the slightest of possibilities -I am! Had a hard time sleeping last night, lol. The ability to be able to share something like this with my one & only kiddo before he "leaves me" would be totally awesome, especially for someone who's been having "mommy meltdowns", lol. (by the way I've been much better about those, no more meltdowns so far).
So please keep your fingers crossed for me. :o)

No comments: