Saturday, August 9, 2008

had a FABulous time! :o)

Well I made it to Ruth's about 1:30 Monday afternoon & I had a fabulous 4 days with her!
I didn't take as many pics as I had hoped, we were just too busy.
I did however take a pic of their dog Riley & Ruth's tomato plant the first day I was there. (he's the best dog!)



Seems that Riley likes to "think" that he likes tomatoes, so he picks the red ones and takes ONE bite out of them.
Apparently they must not taste as good as he remembers because that is all he eats, then he just leaves them on the ground to rot. (this does not make his owners happy, I personally think it's cute :o), he's getting old).
Well I shot the pics in raw (that's where I tend to keep the camera set recently) and her card reader doesn't read raw so Tuesday I changed the setting & shot some more pics of Riley. Ruth then said "I need pictures of my tomato plant too" (she has plans for a LO), so I went out to shoot the plant & what do you think I found???




I stood there laughing to myself as I took the pics & I felt bad as I picked them up- I knew he was going to be fussed at when I took them in. But honestly it's so dog gone cute!
Tuesday we shopped & scrapped.
Wednesday we met Ruth's friend Lela in Knoxville for a day of shopping & lunch.
Lela is really a cool person & I enjoyed meeting her a lot.
Below is a pic of Ruth & Lela shopping in Big Lots. It is not the pic I wanted to post! :o( There is a MUCH cuter one, one of them goofing off with some coconut & seashell bras (use your imagination) but....... Ruth was a spoil sport and said she would never speak to me again if it ended up on the blog so you get this pic instead.

Not a very good pic for pete's sake, you can't even see Lela's face.
Thursday was spent scrapping & getting new meds for the ear infection I mentioned in an earlier post. I took the last of my med on Wednesday & I woke up at 4:30 am Thursday, it was worse! I knew I was leaving Friday am & that I had to go through the mountains on the way home! I didn't want to face that the way it was hurting, so I was burning up the phone line trying to get the pain level knocked down to where I could stand it. It worked I was able to make it home without dying. :o)
I know you won't be able to believe it but...... I worked on 9 LOs while I was there!!! Okay, okay before you fall out & die let me tell you that they are ALL the same LO style. I know not very imaginative, but I do like the style. It lets you use a series of 6 verticle 4x6 photos. I was able to find cute paper while I was there.
Speaking of finding paper... the price of supplies has gone through the roof! I have not shopped much in the last year
( resolution I made to use what I had when I could- to quit stock piling) but I didn't have any paper that would work for the LOs I wanted to work on. OMG! I didn't expect it to be as much as it was. But it's ok, I have already used ALL the paper, a Huge amount of the ribbon & have plans for all of the embellishments! :o)
The only things I splurged on were I did break down & buy 4 bottles of stickels and a set of stamps (they are sooo pretty). There is a set that Ruth bought that I wouldn't mind having too. I'll post pics pick later of my new goodies & a really cool trick Ruth came up with while I was there.

No comments: