Saturday, August 30, 2008

fabulous friday ???...

well I don't know if it was fabulous, but it was quite a day.
The class I had yesterday was a challenge, the teacher had warned me about a particular student when I had talked to her the day before. At first I thought I had gotten lucky and he wasn't coming to school, but he was just late.
The morning started off good but when I picked them up from activity the art teacher said "they have lost 5 minutes of their recess today, they wouldn't quit talking & disrupting".
What !?! in the SIX years I've been doing this I have NEVER had any activity teacher take recess from a class of mine, especially THIS teacher (she has more patience than I can imagine) !
When we returned to class & I handed out the next assignment the problems with this one child started. He claimed I didn't go over the paper with him (he wanted the answers), when I told him it was a test and that I wouldn't go over anymore with him than I did the rest of the class he got angry & started disrupting those around him.
At that point I moved him. Then he refused to do any work. When I asked him if he wanted my to call the assistant principal he told me "NO, if you have any problems YOU'RE supposed to call my momma". Okay are you kidding me ??? Does he really think he can tell me how to do my job ???
I told him that I wouldn't be calling his momma that if he didn't change his attitude and make better choices I WOULD call Mr. Cupples & he could deal with the consequences of that. He grabbed his papers & started marking answers without reading the questions, after I told him that was unacceptable & he would lose the privilage of going to the library unless he did his work he took his pencil and started stabbing at his genitals! At that point I called Mr. Cupples (this is not something I do easy) & he was gone for the rest of the day.
Later when I was talking to one of the teachers they said he had Mike French last year ... OMG!!! He was the kid that walked into Mike's class & said "you better be ready I have anger management issues!". Never before have I ever heard Mike raise his voice, but last year I heard him slam his door & yell! (I couldn't believe it). Then teachers started telling me I was lucky, that he had decked a couple of the teachers at the primary school! What !!! Whew, I guess I was one lucky girl yesterday.
When I got home from school yesterday there was a message on my machine that they have put our Miss Chris back in the hospital! Bless her heart now she has gall stones! They can't do surgery on her because of the blood thinner she has been on for the blood clots. So please if you could send a few more possitive thoughts & prayers her way I would appreciate it.
Last night the choir sang at the football game again, so being the good mom I am I went toting my camera :o) (aren't you lucky, lol).



Okay look in the middle of this pic, see my sweet niece in the middle (the t-shirt with "Love" written on it) ? Look carefully she, Alissa (behind her to her left-brown hair) and Susan (directly behind her- red hair) have all spotted me up by the press booth with my camera & they are making faces at me, lol. Poor Dev (last guy on the back row far right) is totally cluless as to what's going on.



Now they are posing for me, lol! Alissa is kissing Susan, Susan is sticking her tounge out & I'm not sure what Alex is doing she's hidden behind Mr. P & the microphone. I wonder what he would have done if he had noticed them ???



Here is a better pic of Susan. I think my child has a crush on her & I'm pretty sure she has a crush on him. He posted some of the zoo pics on his myspace and she commented that she wanted to go with us to the zoo. :o) I think he really messed up last night, after they sang he, Alex, & the rest of his group headed out for Java & a night out. Susan had to stay to cheer. At half time she came and sat with me & Sierra (he should have been there). While talking I asked if she wanted to go to the zoo with us sometime & she didn't miss a beat or blink an eye, she said yes. hmmm...



last but not least this is a pic of my weekend kid (Zach) on the field, # 37. Sadly this is the best pic I got of him.
I really have quite a lot more to learn about using my camera. I don't do so well when the sun starts going down, apparently there is something I'm not getting and I need to figure it out.
Well I think that brings us up to date for now, trying to figure out what I'm going to tackel today. I need to go to that dreadful place. You know W-M ( shhh don't make me say it) but ... well ... I don't really want to, can you imagine it's labor day weekend on top of every thing. Ugh...

No comments: