Sunday, August 3, 2008

we ate spinach! :o)

and it wasn't bad! LOL. Okay if you hide it it's not bad. I tried the first recipe from "Deceptively Delicious" yesterday. I made the blueberry oatmeal bars. It seems the trick is to allow the food to cool completely, this way the flavors mix well and you don't taste the yuc... umm the stuff that's good for you. :o)
This recipe has 1/2 C. spinach puree, I made a batch yesterday & then went to run errands. When I came home "someone" had cut into them. When I asked Devan if he had cut them he said "I admit I ate this part". When I asked him if he liked it he had two things to say. "Yes" & "was it one of "those" recipes?". Then he wanted to know what was in it & I told him spinach - didn't seem to phase him much.
When he ate one after dinner we did notice him trying to take it apart & he said "well I sure don't see it". LOL. He thought there would be a layer of spinach instead of it being mixed in with other ingredients.
They really are quite good, so much so that the guys requested that I make them another pan for while I'm gone this week.
Speaking of being gone this week, I head out bright and early 8am tomorrow to go to my friend Ruth's! She's just outside Chattanooga. We'll be scrapping, working on a few projects, & I'm sure we'll do a little shopping while I'm there. :o)
Today I've been very busy getting ready. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, gathering supplies & pics. I think I have all my supplies (probably more crap than I need & I probably left out something important) they are packed & in my car. I've finished cooking and done all the cleaning that I'm going to, lol. I have my directions & atlas, I've packed some snacks, coffee maker is set to go off early tomorrow. Now I just have to finish getting my clothes ready & in a bag.
Hope to have some pics to share when I get back. :o)

No comments: