Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Small Blessings! I'll Take Them :o)

So about 3 weeks ago I had the privelage of going to visit my parents and actually getting to spend a couple of nights with them! :o) This is a big deal for me because I haven't been able to do this for years now.
My first stop was to go by Jason & Tonya's to wish Tonya a "Happy Birthday!"
Well when I first arrived it seemed that it was NOT going to be in my favor to be there. "She" pulled in right behind me and blocked ANY chances for escape!
I was immediately trapped by "her" presence. But I tried to remain calm, took a few advil for the instant head splitting head ache, and stayed in a different room until "she" left.
Wheh, so far so good, disaster averted. :o)
After quite a while had passed and I was SURE that "she" wasn't over there I ventured over to mom & dad's. I have to tell you it was quite nerve wracking waiting for "her" to come back & the drama to begin. But after a while it was becoming apparent that "she" wasn't returning that night! :o)
As a result I enjoyed spending the night with my parents! My nephews Logan & Austin spent the night too, and we all had a good time. We spent the evening playing Uno attack, watching movies, & just hanging out together. :o)
The next morning "she" came up to the house, but apparently changed her mind & never came in.
The kids all went with my parents bowling and shopping for the day, while Tonya & I headed to Murray, KY., to do a little shopping of our own.
We started our day shopping at The Peddler's Antique Mall,where I was able to find a few "treasures" for storing and organizing some of my goodies that I like to play with. :o)





Then we stopped of at Taco John's for lunch! Yumm.....I wish we had one here.
Last but not least I ran into their LLS "Remember When". I did splurge and buy just a few things in there (my resolution this last year was NO more buying it just because I like I. I need to have a plan to use it). I couldn't resist this cute set of stamps by sassafras lass, I thought they would be PERFECT for doing a layout with the pics I took when we took Devan to Hooter's for his birthday! :o)


That evening Austin asked me "are you going to stay again?" and when I told him yes he replied "then I am too!". He's so stinkin sweet sometimes- you just gotta LOVE him! :o)
That night we spent our time watching movies and playing Uno attack again (Austin LOVES Uno attack, he might only be 8 but watch out! He will beat your butt, LOL).
My last day there Tonya had to work. So I packed up a picnic lunch (mom & dad needed a break), loaded the boys & the lunch into my car, & put the top down!
We then headed into Paris to the park for a picnic (we've never been to the Paris park before and thought we would give it a try). When we got to the park we quickly discovered that this park was NOT up to our standards! LOL. I grabbed my camera and snapped a couple of pics of the boys in front of the Eiffel Tower, then we jumped BACK into the car & headed back to Paris Landing State Park! We like it much better there. :o)
There is an area away from the equipment, closer to the water that we like to get when we go. We quickly found "our spot" and no sooner had we unloaded our lunch and began eating when we were surrounded by visiting "creatures". :o) They were so cute, and the kids really enjoyed seeing & feeding them.




We were surrounded by blue jays, squirels, & wood peckers and the kids couldn't have been happier! I kept hearing "Aunt Sheila, look! Take a picture!" LOL! Can you tell they have been "conditioned" by being around me? :o)
After we had finished our lunch & cleaned up we headed over to the pier.
We always end up here! The boys start out picking up shells and then they end up under the pier usually talking quietly and SMASHING the shells! The first time they did this it kind of upset me, but I've gotten used to it. They are boys, they do NOT want to keep them, bring them home and put them in a pretty jar to look at, or make pretty things with them! THEY WANT TO SMASH THEM!!!!! LOL! There are plenty of them around so I guess a few smashed once or twice a year isn't really a big deal.
Well when we got to the pier we were surprised!



We are not sure what happened since we were here in October but the pier was demolished! Do you see that water just below where they boys are standing??? Well that's where they usually sit to smash their shells & it was ALL under water! It was sad and confusing, the wood on the pier didn't look to be that old so we couldn't figure out why it was tore up the way it was?!?
After we had explored & taken a few more pics we headed back to "our spot" and we were just "hanging out" and watching the squirels when this little guy fell from the tree above us. :o(

He was soooo cute and fuzzy, but the poor little guy couldn't even move. He just sat there "cheeping". We looked around for a ranger but we couldn't find one. It broke our hearts to leave him sitting there on the ground, but we knew that there wasn't anything we could do about it.
When I got the kids home it was time for me to pack my things back into the car and head home.
So I only spent two days and nights, but that's two more than I've had with them at their home in years. It was a small blessing and I made the most of every moment and enjoyed it very much! Will there be any more???? Who knows, that's the one thing I can tell you after a lifetime of dealing with "her", NEVER count on ANYTHING. But the time I had was definately a blessing, & I'll take them whenever I can get them. :o)

No comments: