Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mystery Solved!

Well there has been some strange things going on around here that we just couldn't explain.


The first thing happened while my nephews were here visiting. We were sitting in the den watching tv one night when suddenly there was a bang at the window over the chair that Logan was sitting in we all jumped and when I looked up there was a SNAKE on the window over his head!!!!!!! I was panicked & screaming (don't like the things) and sent Jim out with the mission of "get that thing of my house!" & "I'm locking ALL the doors behind you & you aren't coming back in till I see your hands!". Jim said it wasn't poisonous (like I care) and that it was OVER 4 foot long! It was so MAD that it shook the siding on the house and made it rattle! Anyway we couldn't quite figure out why it was one the house (unless it was after the bugs on the window?), this has never happened before & we've lived here for 11 years.

Second thing that happened was last week-end when Jim & Devan were pulling weeds in the bed around the porch and some swallows went absolutely CRAZY dive bombing them! Hmmm..... that has never happened before either.

Then this morning I went out to hang up a humming bird feeder and again the swallows started going CRAZY! I was only out for a couple of minutes but that resulted in the birds frantically swarming the north end of the porch for over an hour! When they had finally setteled down we looked out the window and discovered the reason for all the strangeness lately.......








Apparently today was the day for their little ones to spread their wings & take flight! :o) I didn't even realize that we had little ones around! They seemed to be doing a fine job of flying on their own & I couldn't resist grabbing the camera and sneaking out to take a few pics. I only took a couple of shots when mom & dad discovered me & announced my pressence to the rest of the flock and everyone scattered & took off. :o(


Oh well, it was a welcomed surprise to be able to watch the whole "family" interacting on the porch right under our noses. :o)

No comments: