Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm in LOVE!

So for Christmas I got my New Super Cool Camera! So that meant that I needed a wonderful camera bag to protect my new baby. You know I'm a very patient girl when it comes to figuring out what it is that I need & where to get it. So in the mean time I stole the bag from the camcorder. :o)
I knew that I am only going to buy ONE bag so it has to be what I want & what I will be happy with, NO upgrades!
It needs to be large enough to hold all my STUFF (I'm a girl who's all about the stuff :o) & I like having it ALL with me - you never know what you're going to need) , to have ample padding to protect my baby, easy to use, and Last but not Least it has to be "Sheila" .
Well I found it!!!! It's a Tracy Renae Design and you can find them here:
http://shop.tracyrenaedesigns.com/main.sc
I asked for $ from Jim & my mom & dad for my birthday, and then I chipped in the rest.
Yes it is an investment but like I said I'm only going to buy ONE bag.
I ordered my bag on June 9th and it arrived on June 16th!
Wow! Super fast for a custom made bag. You pick your bag, you pick any extra features you want, & you pick your fabric.
It was supposed to take 2-3 weeks and it came in ONLY 1 week! Wahoo!
So I've had her for a month now. I've used it twice now for 2 ALL Day events and I'm in LOVE!
I chose the EX bag:



Isn't she pretty! :o) I really wanted pink & black, but she didn't have a pink & black choice.
I made a couple of flubbs with my choice in the beginning but Tracy was very patient & sweet working things out with me.
I ended up choosing this black & white, it's classic and will go with anything.
Best part is IF I get tired of this look I can order another flap (just $20) and change it out, they just velcro on. :o)



She is HUGE, but that's what I LOVE about her! She holds ALL my stuff including my reflector that Devan got me for Mother's Day (see there it is fits perfectly inside). I also put my car keys/wallet thing Cristi got me for my birthday here when I go out for the day.
See the little outside pocket on the front? It's great!
There is actually a zippered pocket inside it too. I have all my photo software and tutorials in the pocket, when I'm going to be gone for the day I tuck my lipstick case in here too.
The zipper pocket has Alex's chapstick that I bought her for shoots cause she doesn't want to keep up with it, LOL.



Okay, so this is without the reflector. There are two really good pads that cover the three padded compartments, you are also seeing my matching wallet I bought for my memory cards (it kind of blends in cause it matches).



This is below the top pads. The compartment on the left is where my baby lives when she's not in my hands. :o) The two padded middle compartments hold my extra lens & hood and all my filters. On the far right I have my cover thing that Jim got me for shooting in the rain or beach & my charger, I also tuck my brush & hair clamp here when I'm going to be gone all day.



The inside of the flap has a zippered mesh pocket! I have my lens cloth and extra battery in here.



Last but not least there is a HUGE pocket across the back. Great for manuals, glasses, gum, note book, whatever. :o)
I chose to add 3 features to my bag. As I mentioned earlier I got a matching memory card wallet & a ring to clip it to. I also added feet to the bottom of the bag that way I don't have to worry about setting in on the ground and wearing out the bottom or getting it dirty.
So she is big enough to hold everything I have for my camera & to tuck my essentials that I need for the day so that I don't have to carry a purse. :o)

No comments: