Saturday, July 26, 2008

bright light, bright light :o) !!!

gee, it sure is BRIGHT in here! LOL. Yep, you guessed it, the light is finally Up AND Working!! :o)
I have to tell you it was NOT an easy thing, & it got pretty ugly around here Thursday night.
I finally told him that when his paycheck came in I was calling our electician and having him fix the light (thanks Ruth).
That combined with acting like a complete ...... well you know, finally got it done.
He was even able to accomplish it on his LUNCH BREAK!!!!! I know the light itself is butt ugly (I tried for something else but NOTHING else in this town would work there) but the fact that I have a working light and I'm no longer cooking in a bat cave is a beautiful thing. :o)



Yesterday I took Devan to Jackson to pick up a couple of new things for this Gosh Awuful uniform/dress code they have installed this year. :o( (remember we start back to school Thursday)
We started the day at Old Navy, they have what we need for really Cheap, which is good when it is NOT what you want to be wearing.
When we finished the school clothes I headed over to .... you guessed it Hobby Lobby! I was sooo excited! I know exactly what pics I want to scrap next, what layout to do, what colors I need & .... I couldn't have been more dissapointed. :o(
Apparently they had a HUGE paper sale last week-the paper isle was HALF empty! Then there were some Jolees that I needed for another LO I want to lift from Lorrie, do you think they had a single one??? NO! they didn't.
I did get a couple of new goodies, but not the things that I was desperately needing to get some work done before school starts.



See the pink box??? Tammy had a box like this when she came, she said that Rhonda (the owner of Eclectica) uses this to keep her 12" platform for the QK revolution in. So when I saw it in Pink I had to go ahead and pick one up. :o)
It's a ruler box & the tag says stuff managment - cost $3.27 if you use a 40% coupon just $1.96! Can you see how perfect my platform fits in there???
Tammy even had her 12" border dies in there. (I used one of them on the "my guys" LO - the black vine)
Clear stamps were on sale so I couldn't resist this set.
They're by .... hmmm Marah Johnson. LOL. Didn't even notice that until just now (should have known) , how I LOVE her stuff!!! Thought they would be perfect on some "rock band" pages, a concert page, or even a page just about my kid.
They now carry "doodle genie" templates by Chatter Box. I love me some doodle genies. :o)
They had quite a few and it was a tough choice. This one won out because you know how I love birds & swirls.
Did you even notice that 2 of the birds are owls??? Remember I still have another Hooter's LO to go when I can figure out what to do.
They are just $4.99, with a 40% coupon just $2.99! (remember Dev was with me so I gave him the $ to pay for this one with a coupon)
Then we went to the mall.
Dev picked him up a few things at Spencer's and was thrilled that they were all marked down. LOL. gotta love it he's learning well. He also bought a "I love boobies" bracelet! LOL. The proceeds go to breast cancer so how can you say no. :o)
After that Books a Million.
He got a new biography, another Kurt Cobain - he's really into him lately.
I bought "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld. Saw it on Oprah and thought I would give it a try.
Who am I trying to deceive you ask???
That would be Devan & ME!!!
I'm sorry I just can't stand the flavor and texture of most of that healthy crap, lol. But maybe if it's completely hidden I won't notice it, LOL.
When you start to zoom in on pics and edit them you really notice the eyes. I have noticed that quite a few of the people I have shot have a yellow tint to their eyes (I end up whitening them). That is a sign of poor nutrition, this is the reason I am trying to "decieve" us. Plus I was hoping to help lower our cholesterol. Anyway I need to go get a steamer basket and some of the healthy cra..... um I mean some fresh veggies! yeah that's it! :o)
Our last stop was a quick dash into Cinnabon (yeah I know I was just talking about healthy, lol, look I said I was going to try to eat healthier not that I had lost my mind) to grab some cinnamon rolls for a surprise for Jim (he hung the light you know). We had no sooner stepped into that building and it began a downpoour! After about 10 minutes we gave up and made a dash into the rain & left. We were drenched, it was really coming down-hard to even see the road until we got outside of Jackson then it was clear as a bell.
And you know what else??? They have changed the cinnamon rolls, they are not as good as I remember. The icing is different and the roll is sticky, you know I'm all about texture. So while it's a nice memory with my kid I don't know how many more times I'll be tempted to splurge the calories for them.
I'm not sure about today, I know Jim had mowing on his mind but it rained a lot here last night so I don't know if that will be possible. Do you think I'll be able to get him to change out that other light?!? LOL.

No comments: