Tuesday, October 14, 2008

we're back, well for tonight ...

we had a fabulous 4 days visiting with Tammy & her family :o)
Devan "Rock Banded" with Weston & went to Church with Bees
I scrapped with Tammy(worked on the rolodex that I'm doing with Devan's drama pics from last year), did a little shopping & went to the Dr. for my yearly.
We stayed up late & ate too much, lol, you know the usual bad habbits for time spent with those you are closest to.
We came home today to do laundry & repack, heading out in the morning to my parents for a few days. Going to take the nephews on our "fall picnic" tomorrow and just hang out with my parents for a few days (if it works out).
We'll be back Friday to get ready for Saturday. Devan has been invited to attend a "medical career day" in Jackson.
So tonight I'm trying to do a little catch up while waiting on the laundry, I had promised that I would post the chicken recipe that I tried last week when I had a chance to enter it on the computer- here it is (hope you enjoy) :

PAN SAUTE`ED CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES & HERBS

4 CHICKEN BREAST
1 TBL. ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
2 TBL. OLIVE OIL
2 SMALL RED ONIONS, CUT INTO QUARTERS
8 OUNCES FRESH WHOLE BABY CARROTS (ABOUT 16)
1 LB. NEW POTATOES, CUT INTO QUARTERS
1 ½ C. CHICKEN STOCK
3 TBL. LEMON JUICE
1 TBL. CHOPPED FRESH OREGANO LEAVES
1 TBL. CHOPPED FRESH THYME LEAVES

Heat oven to 350.

Season the chicken as desired. Coat with flour

Heat oil in large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until it’s well browned on all sides. Remove chicken from the skillet.

Add the onions & potatoes to the skillet & cook for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, stock, lemon juice and oregano and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover the skillet.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Uncover pan and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with thyme.

No comments: