Friday, October 10, 2008

... and away we go

so this had been the first week of Fall Break & it has been a very Busy week!
Devan has been taking an ACT prep course this week & we've been working on his room little by little ...



as you can see the guys took down the chair rail this week ( he didn't want it anymore)
the walls have all been scrubbed and prepped for painting (if only we can get the time, lol) .
I finally got around to having Devan design his Sr. ring
(I know, I know... better late than never)
& it has been ordered-should be here in about 4 weeks ...


here's a pic, I really like the way it turned out. I wasn't sure if it was going to happen- at first he wanted some really strange stuff on it that had NOTHING to do with His time in high school. His dad & I both insisted "that in years to come someone should be able to look at your class ring & know something about your high school years". So this is what he came up with.
Zach (my weekend kid) showed up unexpectedly on Wed. & I knew something was wrong ...
I told him to sit & when I sat with him he broke down. After a few minutes I asked if it was Sierra & he said they broke up !!! You could have knocked everyone over with a feather, their relationship began 3 years ago - here on our property at a bon-fire Devan had.
Zach stayed the night that night & went to church with Devan.
Sierra called crying, a wreck & so I went & met her down the road at one of the churchs & we talked for a few hours.
my goodness this job sure can be hard:o(
We Love them both & we don't want to see either one hurt, but they were very young when they started dating & it's hard to think that they would "stay together" for ever at that age.
Now on to the Good Stuff!!!
I have got to get busy & start packing ... Dev & I leave bright & early in the am to go to my bff's -Tammy !!!
I have my "yearly dr. appt." on Monday so we'll be heading on to Batesville from Jonesboro (sooo much quicker & easier when you already have 2 hrs. of the trip behind you), and we'll come home Tues. evening. So that gives us Sat., Sun., & Tue. with Tammy :o).
Tuesday evening to unpack, do laundry, repack, & head back out this time to my parent's on Wednesday.
We'll come back from there on Friday & then we'll be in Jackson bright & early on Saturday morning. Devan was invited to attend a "medical career day" at on of the hospitals there and one of the areas they are "shadowing" that day is radiology (which just happens to be an area that we have been trying to steer him towards). At least he can kind of get a taste of it & see if it really appeals to him at all.
I also tried a "new" chicken recipe this week. It was very easy & sooo Good! I'll post it later after I get it entered on my puter.
whew, busy busy busy times. Guess I had better get up & packing :o)
hope you'll have a Wonderful Weekend (I know I will ;o) ...

No comments: