Saturday, September 20, 2008

first ever "Jacobi Fright Night"

yesterday Meleah & I spent the day together, we went to Jackson to get supplies for a fund raiser (for the London trip) I have coming up next week. While together she started talking about getting together to watch scary movies (she doesn't really like watching them by herself) so we started making plans. As it evolved it turned out to be more of a small family gathering so it was dubbed the first ever "Jacobi Fright Night".
We got together at Meleah's after Devan sang at the football game (he came with me it wasn't a good night for him to be out driving on his own it was kind of rainy & foggy besides he was my dd, lol, that means mom had 2 wine coolers instead of 1).
Anyway we had Meleah & Jenna (her itty bitty, playing in her room), Becky (Meleah's SIL) & Spence & Alissa (her two itty bittys to help keep Jenna happy & play in her room too), Mark (Meleah's big bro), me & Devan (my not so itty bitty-except in my heart).
Meleah provided the place, movies, sodas, & popcorn. I brought the peanut M&Ms, Doritos, & Mike's Hard Lemonade-Pomegrante -Yumm !!
It was a bit of a trick keeping the itty bittys from seeing & hearing things (thank God for pause buttons) but we managed with a little patience & some extra time. Most of us finished the movie.
It took long enough (waiting for Dev to get home & hitting the pause a few times) that we only watched one but it was still a lot of fun & I hope we do it more often! :o) (who knew you could laugh so much during a horror movie !?!)
The movie we chose was Rob Zombie's Halloween Unrated, it was pretty cool. If you like the Halloween movies it goes back & explains why Michael Myers is sooo "messed up". Although they did kind of change some of the background from the first movie it was still pretty good.



this is Chewy (short for Chewbaca) he's Meleah's & he is the sweetest thing ever! Every time I go over there I am rewarded with more Love than I deserve. I would definately bring him home with me if they would let me :o) ...



Becky & Alissa (the movie was paused) notice the mask ? How appropriate since we were watching Halloween, LOL ...



Devan & his cousin Mark enjoying the movie & maybe doing a little male bonding.
We had a Great time! (thanks Meleah) And hope to do it agian sometime soon :o) , hope you find a little fun family time this weekend too ...

No comments: