Sunday, September 28, 2008

and it came tumbeling down ...

the only place that I like popcorn is in my bowl, so last year I tried my hand at taking in off the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom. I Loved the result sooo much that I decided that whenever a room is going to be painted that the first step was going to be to take down the ceiling. Last night we emptied all the furniture out of Devan's room ( I guess we can't let him go off to college with toy story clouds still on his walls)



& bright and early this morning I started the process of taking down the popcorn...



this is what I started with, and after 2 hours & 14 minutes & 8 spray bottles full of hot water ...



this is what I was rewarded with! :o)
Not bad time wise I had even taken a little break to put dinner in the oven. When it's finished drying I'll have to sand, then prime before painting but it's oh sooo worth it!
Now for a little update on our fundraising adventures, lol. Well it wasn't quite what we had hoped for. We worked the talent show on Thursday & the Main Street Fall Festival on Friday night and all day Saturday.



Friday night was real slow (it was also Homecoming) so we got real excited when we finally emptied our 1st 1 liter!



See I told you we were excited! These were my partners in crime Friday night that's Tina on the left & Bridgett on the right. :o)
Saturday was much busier but I guess when you are selling for just 50 cents a piece it's hard to make much.
In the end we were all rewarded with a whopping $35.47 each for our efforts. Well except for one kid. He chose to do it himself instead of getting parental/family to come & help out. (trust me this was his choice he wants for NOTHING) He did show up at the talent show & after 2 minutes went "to take a peek". He didn't return until the entire show was over & we were breaking down. He showed up yesterday at 12:00 & promptly left "to look around" within the first 5 minutes. He stayed till 1:00 & during that time left 3 times. We figure he worked about 45 minutes total so we gave him $5. It's actually pretty generous NO one else made $5 for 45 minutes of participation.
We are not giving up on our fund raising efforts though, we just need to get more creative.

No comments: