Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a little Scrappy shopping & a Sweet Surprise ...

So My tradition while at the Thespian Conference is ...
while the kids shop at the mall I head on over to my favorite Scrapbook Store! This year I also made time to go to Archivers ;-).
I have to tell you that I'm not sure what it was ...
if it's that after a year of toning down the shopping I'm just not into the shopping part as much (YEAH RIGHT!) or if the store inventory was down because of pending CHA (but they hadn't started the "clear the shelves" sales yet), I really think it was that I haven't scrapped since November & I didn't really have a LO in mind sooo I just couldn't think of how I would use the stuff. So things just weren't Jumping out at me. But Have NO Fear ... I did NOT walk out Empty Handed! :o)

I took the plunge & purchased the New Quickutz binder! I also got a package of the 4x4 pages & 1 of the magnetic pages. I found the cutest little megaphone chipboard album, a package of cheer embellies, some graduation rubbons (they were clearanced so All the Much Better!) a couple of New stickels, & 2 double sided pages of BoBunny paper. That's It! That's ALL I bought!!! Can you believe that it came up to $61! I had even used TWO 30% off coupons! I know the binder was quite a Huge investment but still ... the cost of scrapping supplies have gone through the roof. :o(
I Love the few things I did buy so it's All good! :o)
When I got home from conference & got the mail on Tuesday (cause the was NO mail on Monday) I found a little Scrappy Surprise from my BFF Ruth! Seems she saw a little something that made her think of me while she was out shopping :o) ...



OMG! Isn't it Great! Think of ALL the Rockband pages that I haven't even began to tackle!
THANKS RUTH!!! :o)
I just got a call from my aunt in SC a little while ago telling me that she was headed out the door headed to my parents house. (she's very worried about my mom, she's home but still not doing so well) So I guess I will be headed to mom's tomorrow, it will be the first time I've been there since the attack. From what I heard from my SIL she hasn't calmed down any & is Over the top with Control over Mom & Everything around her or having to do with her ...
I just can't even tell you How much I dread tomorrow, but I want to see my mom & my aunt sooo ...
I'll be getting up at 6:30 to cook dinner so I can leave here by 10am, so I can be there buy lunch time to feed them because mom doesn't know they're coming & I'm sure dad hasn't thought of anything like that.
So please keep your fingers crossed for me that somehow (against all odds) tomorrow can be a peaceful (not asking for happy-just peaceful) day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? You like to scrapbook?

taniawillis said...

sheila.......it's tania. you won the collection of Easter goodies by Karen Foster Design on my blog, but i haven't gotten your mailing address yet. please email me at taniawillis {at} columbus [dot] rr [dot] com with your address so i can forward it to the Warehouse so they can ship your prize.