Tuesday, January 20, 2009

in Love Again & a New do :o) ...

Well I have to say that the older I get the More I embrace my Girlyness & the more I have to be In Love with what I'm buying. If it's an investment (which for me means more than $10, lol) it has to Scream Sheila for me. ;-)
As you know I made a jump on New Years Eve & bought myself a new laptop. After getting her home we discovered that she didn't fit into the laptop bag that was already at the house (I had gone with a larger monitor for picture editing). In D'burg our Only place to shop is the all sooo Lovely Wal-Mart (I actually typed that without gagging, lol). When I went to check they only had one bag that Essie would fit into ... it Cost $41.88+tax ... & it was FUGLY!!!
So I turned to the wonderful ETSY site & found exactly what I was looking for! :o)
I was able to order & get it in just in time to take Essie to the conference with me last weekend & I have to tell you that made me very Happy!
So here's my new Lovely bag ...

That is a Lovely Huge zippered pocket across the front there & inside are 3 nice roomy pockets & it has the thickest padding inside & just incase you are in the market I found her here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=78675

On another note I thought that I would share my New Do with you!
I got my hair cut 2 weeks ago tomorrow ( a big change for me, she cut At Least 5 inches OFF!).
Since I'm the one that's Always behind the camera I just haven't had a pic to share, but when we were headed to Memphis for the conference & stopped at McD's for breakfast I gave the camera over to one of the kids & they snapped a pic of me. We really weren't trying to get a pic of me, we were trying to get a pic of a guy in there & we just didn't want to make it obvious that we were taking his picture so they took my picture first, lol.


So that's my new hair, what do ya think ???
It should have plenty of time to grow out before "convertible hair" time (it's actually easier for me to take the top down with long hair). But I hadn't realized that my hair had gotten sooo Long! Not until we went to see The Lights of the Delta & I got a Good look at my hair in the pic with Santa (see previous post "Family Traditions"). When I saw the picture I asked Devan "My Gosh! Is my hair Really That LONG ?!?" To which he replied "Yeah Mom, you've got Pentecostal Hair" ...
While there is Nothing wrong with Pentecostal Hair or the Pentecostal belief ummm ...
I'm NOT Pentecostal sooo it had to GO! LOL (my hairdresser got a real laugh out of that story & was very glad for his comment, needless to say it had been a Looooong time since I had been in to see her)
Hope your day has been a good one! :o)

No comments: