Monday, January 12, 2009

Family Traditions ...

Wow, I really can't believe how far behind I am here. Sorry about that (again).
First an update on Mom, she seems to be doing somewhat better. We still don't know the reasons for her symptoms that put her in the hospitol but she seems to be doing much better (at least the last time I talked to her she was). They are supposed to have home health start coming this week to help her get dressed & get around. I'm not sure how long that's supposed to last but I'm thankful for it just the same.


front row: Austin, Santa, Logan
second row: Sheila (me) & my sister in law Tonya
back row: Devan, Jim, & my brother Jason


A few years ago it became a Christmas traition of ours to have my little brother & his family to come & spend the weekend before Christmas with us. They come on Friday afternoon & after dinner the kids exchange gifts. After that we ALL put on our Santa hats, load into the van, put on some Christmas carols & head over to Blytheville, AR. to see The Lights of the Delta.
This is a HUGE Christmas light display that you drive through. It's hosted by the local high school FFA & it is just the sweetest! :o)

When you enter they have their very own radio station that you can tune your car radio to for Christmas music & half way through there's a stop! On Friday & Saturday this seems to be where Santa hangs out ; ) . While there you can have your photo taken with Santa. They do NOT charge for this but they do have a donation bucket set out. They print your picture immediately & they also upload it to their web where you can download it for free! There is also a small building that sells souvenirs, popcorn, & hot chocolate. It's really the sweetest & we ALL look foward to it.


Austin


Logan


Devan
After we get back from the Lights we start our Gingerbread! We have always done the houses but this year I decided to go with the trees instead, I think the boys liked them much better (they're easier ; ) )


isn't he a good uncle! he made SIX batches
(1 white - 1 green per boy) of icing!


they are concentrating sooo hard! :o)



Logan made his tree striped.


Devan hard at work ; ) ...



Three of the cutest guys I know with 3 of the cutest little gingerbread trees! :o)
By the time we are all done it's usually about...
1 am! Whew! (no wonder they LOVE it at Aunt Sheila's, lol)

No comments: