Tuesday, November 25, 2008

pj's & baking, baking in pj's

that's the way I'll spend my day! LOL! :o)
Well today is the first day of Thanksgiving break for me (no work for subs the day before a break).
I decided to make it a pj day (my Favorite day of the week!)
& to play catch up.
So far today I have baked Six Pumpkin Pies, one Pumpkin Cheesecake, & two pans of sweet potato casserole.
You know what that means ...



that this is what you see in my kitchen ...



& it's warm in there ...
& it Smells wonderful! :o)
The kitchen does look like a bomb went off in there, lol.
But it's all good ...
that's why we have detergent.
I only bake like this once a year
& it brings a smile to sooo many of my favorite people!
I wasn't able to get a pic of the cheesecake ...
Jim took off with my camera.
WHA! Yep I let him take it hunting with him, after all like I told my SIL "it's insured",
besides I would Love it if "the bug" bit him too. :o)
Maybe I'll have time to snap a pic of it when he gets home tomorrow, we'll see.
Tonight he's gone to his brother's cabin hunting so it will be just Dev & me (when he gets home from rehersal). Tomorrow when Jim gets home we'll load up & head to my parents ( I know, I know... I'm not thrilled about her but it's Dev's sr year & he misses seeing his cousins & I miss being with my parents-maybe she'll behave-one can hope anyway).
My brother (Jason) & his wife (Tonya) are hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year. I'm in charge of pumpkin pie, deviled eggs. sweet potatoes, & I threw in the pumpkin cheesecake (we tried it for Thanksgiving last year & fell in Love with it) for good measure. It's a Paula Deen recipe, I'll post it after I get it entered.
On another note I'm still busy cutting squares to make the quilts for Devan's beds (that's what I'll be doing now that I'm done with the baking). It's been a loooong road but I'm beginning to see an end in sight.
Started out needing 896 squares & now I only need ... 217! :o)
Hoping to start the sewing process shortly after Thanksgiving (lol) & to maybe have One of the quilts finished by Christmas (LMBO) ...
anyway high hopes & Holiday dilusions are a Good Thing, right?!?
So if I don't talk to you again till after Turkey Day I hope that you & yours have a...
Very Happy Thanksgiving!
I know that I have my fingers crossed that we'll have a peacefull Thanksgiving - now That would definately be something to be Thankful for!!! :o)

No comments: