Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finally!!! :o)

I have to tell you, I'm a Very Happy Girl Today!
I Finally finished one of the quilts for Devan's bed! :o)
My goal was to have one finished by Christmas & I almost made that goal, but then mom went in the hospitol. After that I was just typical Sheila ... when I'm working on a big project & it gets near the end I tend to let the little details overwhelm & sidetrack me :o( .
I finally decided Enough! Just do It!
I feel bad that I let it ride as long as I did ...
last night when Devan came to tell me good night I was working on it & told him that it was almost done. He got sooo excited & asked how much longer. When I told him about 15 minutes he sat down excitedly to wait :o) . When I finished he was like a little kid & he kept saying ...
"thank you, thank you, thank you , thank you". :o) Sooo appreciative!
But I have to tell you as sweet as it was ... it made me feel REAL Guilty ... Guilty that I hadn't made it a Bigger priority to get it finished. He was very sweet & told me that I had been working on it & very busy but the truth is that I haven't worked on it for quite a while. Sooo now it's time to start the second one, YES a second one (he has 2 twins) & I'm going to have to make it a Real Priority to get it done Much Quicker!


Here's a pic. Not a fancy quilt at all, very guylike. We collected old jeans, some ours-some not. Each denim square is backed with a square of red flanned (I used a set of flannel sheets). The seams are sewn to the front, I can't wait for them to start unravelling (that's what they're supposed to do). Then it's all fluffy looking around each square (just might have to take it to a laundry mat this weekend to help it along :o) ).
He definately Won't be cold at All in his bed!!! I can't begin to tell you how HEAVY this thing is & the fact that it is backed with flannel ... Sooo Warm!
Hmmm ... not sure about summer ... maybe if we flip it (flannel side up) in the summer it will be cooler... anyway we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now he's a Happy Kid that I finished one of his quilts & I'm a Happy Mom that I have ONE done & out of the Way!
Have a Good One! :o)

1 comment:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Way to go, Sheila, finishing the quilt! It looks terrific. That's so much work. I really admire your patience and talent to make that!