Thursday, March 19, 2009

last month my baby ...

turned 18!!! :o(
How is this possible when ALL the details of his delivery are still sooo Fresh in my mind??? Seriously it really seems like it was yesterday. I stop & think about all the "plans" that I've mentally made of things to do with him over the years & the truth is now it's like the "timer" has gone off & time is up ...


we recently discovered that Dairy Queen now makes Blizzard Cakes!!! :o)
They are available in ANY blizzard flavor you like, of Course he chose cookie-dough!


The Number Sparkler candle thingies seemed like a really Cool idea when I saw them. I got a 1, a 8 & a star because he was turning 18 & of course he's our star. :o) Uh yeah, lol ... like you can tell all that when you look at the pic! Smoke ??? Yeh, can you imagine Just How smokey the kitchen was??? Thank Goodness that we were in the kitchen, I turned on the vent to the jen-air and it was gone in just a few minutes. :o) (but it is a pretty cool looking shot if you ask me)


Yeh, of Course he did this! LOL. You really have NO idea how many shots I have of him when he was little with his mouth open like this (and usually the tongue was OUT too, lol) But I think that he really just HAD to do it this time with the sparklers. I'm sure it goes back to his wresteling days ... he was probably imagining that he was Goldberg or something, lol. :o)



He chose to keep it small. A few close friends at home. Pizza, salad & cake.
From left to right his cousin Alex, Alysa, & Sierra. His best friend Zach did come but he was late so he didn't make it in time for the cake picture.



Of course since we had just gotten the PS3 back from being repaired they had to do a little RockBand before the evening was over. ;-)



Since Zach was late getting here he stayed a little later than the rest of them. Devan wanted to "Pop" the balloons but I suggested that instead of "popping" them that they inhale them! (yeh, yeh I KNOW, but you've done it too ... go ahead & admit it, just too funny to pass up) They had a Blast & of course they Sounded Hilarious! :o)



Of course before it was ALL over they had to do their signature "Special" pose, LOL! I swear they LOVE doing this, for a while they Both were using this shot as their profile pic on FB, hehe.


LONDON UPDATE!
Last night when we talked to him he was excited about having seen Stonehenge! He told us that he fell asleep on the bus trip back home & apparently slept on his ear & irritated it & it had started bleeding, keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't end up with an infection. Our group has hit it off with a group from Memphis so Chris was having the group from Memphis over to her room last night & they were going to "hang out" & visit. :o) They are having Such a Wonderful time & growing leaps & bounds personally, I know when he comes back (to a certain degree at least) that he will not only look different (the ears ;-) ) but will also BE a different person (in a Good way). Right now they truely are creating Memories of a Lifetime & I am sooo Grateful that he's there. :o)

No comments: